Saturday, June 26, 2010

High Sea's Expedition

This past week was one of my favorite weeks of the summer. It was our VBS at my church, and it really is my favorite weeks because it is so much fun. I love working with kids and they really do say the darndest things. Some memorable quotes from the week were,
"I met this boy the other day and I can't stop thinking about him, he is even cuter then Justin Beiber"

"Tori, my God sighting for this week was the mound of dirt outside of the church"

"look at the salcommander (she meant salamander, i hope)"

"If you let me hop on your back, I won't run away again"

" I'm surrounded by crazy people, including me (said in a really creepy Gollum voice)"


These things made me laugh all week. Listening to what kids say is always something new. They have so much funny stuff to say and it was great being able to share a week with kids that I had never met. It was also fun just to watch all of the other kids that weren't in my group. Some of them were hillarious. Some of the things I realized this week were,

1. kids will get piggy-backs rides from you, whether you agree or not.
2. when ever there is music, kids will dance.
3. Any excuse to scream is good enough for them. and they will scream for long periods of time..in your ear.
4. One of the little boys in group was running away every time we changed stations so I told him that if he did it again he would have to hold my hand the rest of the night. So when he escaped into the treats station I held his hand the rest of this night. By the end he gave me a back massage haha.
5. this week reaffirms my love for working with kids, and gets me SO excited to be a teacher.

but this week has been also crazy because I have spent a grand total of 42 hours with kids. that's like one step under mom. it was an exhausting but fun week to say the least. but how can you not want to spend time with these little gems?

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd appreciate a photo credit...haha

    You also forgot to mention the fun you had after kidzkamp with all your amazing friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the photo cred was implied sharps!

    ReplyDelete