Saturday, June 26, 2010

i love it when you call me big poppa

so this post that is LONG overdue, is about fathers day. and i don't know why i made that song lyric the title but i call my grandpa poppa so maybe i just thought of that word and then thought of that song? who knows. but back to the main point, fathers day. This years fathers day was a success, much like it always is, but this year was especially good. Mostly because my Poppa was in a good mood, and when he is in a good mood, everyone is in a good mood. Unless my grandma Goo is in a bad mood then it's all down hill from there. but it was Pops day, so everyone else just went along with it. We went to my families favorite place, lake Tahoe. if my family liked snow more, I'm sure we would just move there. love love LOVE it. and so we went there and watched the boat show. it was really cool and we got ot see a lot of sweet historic boats. Not to mention, mama bear with all of her connections hooked everyone up with VIP passes to the open bar, so that was a contributor to Pop's good mood. Here were some of the things that I learned about my dad, my grandpa and some other random stuff on fathers day.

1. when you are in, or driving in, a corvette there are certain unwritten rules. For example, if another corvette drives by, you wave to them. doesn't matter if you don't know the driver, you just wave. who knew? good thing Tyler did.
2. It is really windy in June in Tahoe, so wearing a flowy summer dress was probs not the best idea, learned that one fast.
3. After a few "wet woody's" from Garwoods, Pop decided that he was going to "reinvent himself". Goo was not convinced.
4. My grandpa also decided to build a house in Tahoe, yahoo!
5. even if you are not in a swimsuite, you can STILL get burnt being outside all day.

so all in all, it was a fun weekend with the family and it is always fun when we go to Tahoe.
here are a few pictures of the day..

No comments:

Post a Comment